I was checking out the latest Dog Annual Magazine (Official Publication of the CKC) and I came across some basic ideas of pet-etiquette.
I thought I would share them, but keep in mind, they aren't all awesome!
Petiquette for Dogs:
(1) A well trained dog barks two to three times maximum at things of interest.
Anything beyond that is excessive
(2) A well trained dog knows that it is not his right to "say hello" to every dog he sees. A well trained dog understands that it is both rude and dangerous to rush up to a strange dog without warning.
(3) A well trained dog can sit quietly and calmly when his owners are busy. Does not require constant stimulation and entertainment.
Petiquette for Humans:
(1) A responsible dog owner does not allow a dog to jump up on anyone, human or animal.
(2) A responsible dog owner gives treats to other dogs only after asking permission. Some dogs are on dietary restrictions and unapproved treats could be unsafe.