Just got this note from Leah and thought I would pass it along..........
We wanted to let you know we have been making our own dog food! After doing a lot of research, we have settled on this recipe. It makes about 24 cups of food, which we portion and store in the freezer:
- 4 lbs ground turkey
- 4 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb or so of chicken livers
- 1 lb or so of chicken hearts
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 2 zucchinis, juiced
- 2 yams, juiced
- Blitz the eggs in a food processor (with shells)
- Blitz livers and heart in food processor
- Juice the zucchinis and yams, mix pulp and juice together
- Add everything to a very large stand mixer, or bowl and mix together thoroughly
- Portion in 1-2 cup servings and freeze.
- Thaw 1-2 at a time, and add digestive enzyme powder and salmon oil before serving.
We have been feeding Lincoln:
Chicken necks for breakfast
The homemade food for lunch
The homemade food plus green tripe for dinner.
On occasion he also has: bananas, turkey neck, raw buffalo bones, apples, yogurt, canned pumpkin.