Saturday 13 April 2013

Pet Insurance

What about it?  I don't know much, I don't have any, and I wonder if it is good or not?
BUT in the last 2 weeks Nugget has costs me $1200.
First, she ran face first into Clover and broke her canine tooth, had to get a half root canal...over $600. Then 2 weeks later, I noticed her lifting her back paw, it had been a couple of days and her back toe nail was broken and swollen.  Poor thing, had to be sedated and have her nail cut off and cleaned, had to be done immediately (because of infection risk)...another $600.
Luckily I had the cash to cover the expenses, but the Vet cost ALOT!  And you will pay anything, cause you LOVE them!!!!
I have heard good things and bad things about insurance, so do some research and see what you think.  I just want to put it on the table, cause it will be something that you will want to talk to your vet about.


The owners of Jersey have researched and are going with the highly recommended...
http://trupanion.com/canada


And I was recently recommended PetSecure by a vet office that sees claims all the time, they said that it seems to pay out the easiest, and that most people have been pleased with its services.
http://www.petsecure.com/




Talk to your vet, get information!
AND REMEMBER TO BOOK YOUR 12 WEEK VET APPOINTMENT

No comments:

Post a Comment